The LIFEhouse Church in Rocklin, CA is in search of their next Senior Pastor to preach and teach the Word of God and provide the leadership and oversight necessary to develop and implement all the essential activities of the church. They are looking for a shepherd to disciple and equip their 40 year old church for the work of ministry. The LIFEhouse Church combines both modern and traditional aspects into their services with Bible-based exegetical teaching.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shepherd the flock through loving care of the church family
- Oversee the planning of weekly worship services and preach Biblically-based sermons
- Provide spiritual leadership to the church family
- Provide leadership in planning for the future well-being of the congregation
- Co-facilitate the annual planning process (with the Board)
- Lead church planting efforts including development of a strategy, networking with other church planting focused ministries in the NAB conference
Skills you need to have:
- Good communicator, especially with respect to the Word of God
- Fulfills the qualifications of an Elder outlined in 1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9
- Recognized leader with track record or leadership development
- Strong leadership and administrative skills
- Welcoming with the ability to relate to all ages/demographics.
- Shepherd’s heart; love for God and love for people
- Prioritizes prayer in his private life, public ministry, and leadership
Rocklin, CA, is approximately 22 miles from Sacramento. With the American River nearby as well as the Sierra Nevada mountains, the surrounding area is filled with places for outdoor activities – hiking, biking, river rafting, swimming, etc. – with ski resorts a short 70 mile drive away. The Pacific Coast can be reached in 2-3 hours traveling west on Hwy 80.Rocklin and surrounding areas are attracting many ages of people from seniors, looking for a place with a great climate and relaxing way of life, to young families with young children needing a safe and still relatively modest (for California) cost of living.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).