Shoreline Church in Monterey, California, exists to help as many people as possible to become totally committed to Jesus Christ. They are looking for a Children’s Director to join their team. This person will provide leadership, training, support, and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers, as well as articulate and model the mission and vision for the Children’s Ministry, including defining and implementing strategies to meet that vision, in coordination with the Family Life Pastor. In addition, the Children’s Director will be responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children, and equipping parents to lead as the primary spiritual leader for their children.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating a year-long curriculum plan, working in coordination with Shoreline’s curriculum coordinator.
- Building a healthy children’s teaching team, training and equipping them to create teaching styles relevant to kids.
- Organizing and leading Shoreline’s annual Summer Day Camp.
- Investing in the Children’s Ministry team, developing their gifts and equipping them to partner with you in leading a thriving Children’s Program.
- Building organic relationships with kids, volunteers, parents, and other Shoreline ministries.
What skills you need to have:
- Ability to teach children and equip volunteers with inspiration and passion for the gospel and for the church.
- Be willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bring passion, energy, and consistent joy to your ministry settings and partners.
- Energetic and creative.
Salary range: $75,000-$90,000
Monterey and Monterey County are uniquely diverse. Located on the Central Coast of California just south of the San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey is about 45 miles from San Jose and 106 miles from the City of San Francisco. The rich Salinas Valley extends through the heart of the County, making Monterey the third-largest agricultural county in California. The County also offers the longest coastline of any California county and attracts more than 3 million visitors annually to destinations such as Fisherman’s Wharf, the Cannery, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).