Riverwood Community Church in Cannon Falls, Minnesota is in search of their next Lead Pastor. The heart in everything this community of faith does is to bring people into a relationship with Jesus Christ and to help them grow in that relationship. They are looking for a Lead Pastor called by God to be a gifted leader and advocate for Riverwood’s vision and mission for the purposes of leading, modeling, and teaching God’s ways. As a Lead Pastor, this person displays their commitment to Jesus Christ in their sermons, spiritual leadership, vision casting, and pastoral care for the congregation and community. As the Lead Pastor they will lead, mentor, and develop Riverwood’s staff, volunteers and members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and lead weekly Sunday Celebrations that glorify and worship God
- Prepare and deliver Biblically-based messages for Sunday Celebrations
- Develop and oversee Ministry Team meetings for the purpose of leader development
- Lead and mentor Riverwood staff, including hiring and arranging training
- Work together with Board of Elders in discerning, promoting, and implementing God’s vision and direction for Riverwood to achieve its stated mission
- Ensure relational care is taking place through small groups, coaching, and other relationships
What skills you need to have:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Leadership, giftedness in ministry, and willingness to serve
- Ability to communicate biblical knowledge (1 Timothy 3:2)
- Completed a Master of Divinity degree with an accredited evangelical seminary or completed a Bachelor’s degree in ministry from a Christian College and a willingness to complete further education
- Five or more years of previous pastoral experience (may be as associate, youth, or lay leader)
Cannon Falls is a growing small town located in southeastern Minnesota. Cannon Falls is surrounded by many other small communities and is centrally located on Highway 52, about 40 minutes from both Rochester to the South and Minneapolis/St. Paul to the North. Cannon Falls offers the advantages of small-town living and a friendly atmosphere, yet provides access to urban amenities.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).