Orcutt Presbyterian Church in Santa Maria, California, seeks to be a community that is building hope and restoring lives through the transforming power of Jesus and they are looking for a Senior Pastor to lead their team. This person will be an experienced leader who loves Jesus and inspires others to follow Him. The ideal candidate will also be a visionary leader, as well as a shepherd committed to prayer, teaching the Scriptures, growing disciples, equipping all generations for ministry, and investing in children and youth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Teaching the Scriptures
- Equipping the congregation and promoting church growth
- Making church come alive throughout the week (not just Sunday)
- Unifying the church body
Skills you need to have:
- Relational and compassionate
- An inspirational teacher of the Scriptures who is clearly guided by the Spirit
- A team player who empowers, encourages, and makes prayerful decisions
- An effective evangelist, passionate about community outreach and sharing the Gospel
Santa Maria offers big-city amenities with a small-town sense of community. Residents like its cultural diversity, central location (“close to everything”), and ease of travel. Outdoor recreational activities abound. Local housing is relatively affordable compared to other parts of the state. The area’s medical facilities and schools earn high marks. Fresh local produce is accessible year-round. Residents rave about the Santa Maria Style Barbeque and authentic Mexican food.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).