Director of Music and Worship
LakeRidge Methodist Church, part of the Global Methodist Church, seeks to connect generations with Jesus to impact our world. They are looking for a Director of Music and Worship to join their team. This person will work with the Pastors and Worship Teams to minister through music and the other arts in the local church, community, and beyond. The Director will lead a diverse program that includes a Sanctuary Choir, a praise team, Handbell Ringers, Sanctuary Orchestra, Sanctuary Praise Team, Scholarship Singers, Youth Worship Teams, and Vertical Praise (children’s choir).
What you’ll be doing:
- Through direct leadership, team management and/or delegation:
- Directing the Sanctuary Choir for all morning worship services and directing weekly rehearsals
- Serving as lead vocalist with the praise team
- Leading congregational singing
- Developing groups through fellowship and quality music making
- Working with children’s, youth, college/young adult, and adult ministry teams to meet all worship and music needs
What skills you need to have:
- Ability to lead the congregation vocally in singing
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both large group and one on one communication
- Strong recruiting skills to identify people to be part of the music ministry from within the congregation and to recruit at local universities
- Ability to lead musicians and vocalists ranging from those who are highly skilled to more entry-level musicians and singers
- Desire to develop others and help them grow in their faith
Lubbock combines the amenities of a city with a small-town charm. Over the last decade, Lubbock has been one of the fastest-growing cities in Texas with an affordable cost of living. Lubbock is home to Texas Tech University, which was established on February 10, 1923, as Texas Technological College. The Texas Tech University System has the seventh-largest enrollment in the state of Texas. Most notably known as the region’s hub for a diverse selection of sectors including healthcare, education, and agriculture, the “Hub City” is an ever-growing metro area rich in opportunity.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).