Cool Spring Baptist Church in Mechanicsville, Virginia, seeks to reach and develop all people into fully committed followers of Jesus Christ. They are looking for a Student Minister to join their team. This person will oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive ministry to students in the 6th – 12th grades and their parents/families. The Student Minister will work with Student Minister Associate and Children Minister and Associate to provide alignment and direction of the church’s mission and equip volunteer leaders in the development of the spiritual formation of both student and parent(s).
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing vision and direction to all aspects of Student Ministry, including programming, relationships, student leadership development, and physical space.
- Establishing and maintaining healthy and supportive relationships with students and parents as you partner with parents in developing relationships and equipping them in discipling their student(s) towards becoming a Jesus Follower.
- Overseeing and leading in the weekly planning and programming currently on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Recruiting and training student and adult leaders for service in the ministry.
- Collaborating and coordinating regularly with various church ministries to plan large-scale events.
What you need to have:
- Four or more years of experience in a paid student ministry position
- Ability to manage/inspire/lead a team of volunteers well, thoughtfully, and creatively
- Organize, (or able to get people to be organized on their behalf)
- Learner, Teacher, Communicator
- Biblical Literacy
The Mechanicsville (Hanover County) area is a growing, thriving community and family oriented. It is in a great location – close to Blue Ridge Mountains, Washington D.C., Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, and fifteen minutes into the capital city of Virginia – Richmond. There are a lot of opportunities for fun, food, entertainment, museums, and history. There is also the option to live in city, suburban, or rural areas, as well as many excellent educational opportunities.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).