Church planting can be the most fulfilling and yet the hardest task for a pastor to successfully complete. Converge Northeast is looking for a church planter for the Great Barrington, Massachusetts area. This Planting Pastor will receive financial, technical, and spiritual support. However, the ideal candidate must also be able to raise financial support and develop this congregation independently. To lead a thriving church plant, the candidate must bring energy and enthusiasm and be able to successfully communicate vision so that people will commit financially and spiritually to be a partner in this church plant.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a launch team
- Developing a vision and core values for the church to be planted
- Developing a fundraising plan for the church plant
- Developing the essential infrastructure for a successful church plant (salaried ministry staff/volunteers)
- Researching and securing a location for the church plant (name to follow)
- Developing a vision for worship and church ministries
What skills you need to have:
- Continually pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus
- Must have a 4-year college degree; possesses some formal theological training
- Must have previous experience in a pastoral role
- Demonstrated call to plant a church
- Have the desire to plant a church in an area that is currently being underserved
- Demonstrated experience in ministering in a largely underserved community where contextualization of the Gospel and creative approaches to reaching the community will be required
Great Barrington is nestled in the hills of Berkshire County in the southwest corner of MA. It is known as both a summer resort community with proximity to rivers, lakes, hiking and the Appalachian Trail as well as a winter destination with attractions such as Butternut Ski Resort. Over the years, the town has become known for its vibrant artist community which can be clearly seen by the number of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues such as the Mahiawe Performing Arts Center.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).