Archbold Evangelical Church in Archbold, Ohio is a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (FECministries.org) and has a vision for the church to “Love Jesus and Love People as we Gather, Grow, Give and Go.” They are looking for a Lead Pastor to join their team. The Lead Pastor will provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregation and lead them in pursuit of its purpose, vision, and process as determined by the Board of Elders and affirmed by the congregation. This person will be gifted in communicating God’s Word, both by example, preaching and teaching, and making the truth accessible to the hearts and minds of a multigenerational congregation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Equipping the congregation for the various works of service through shepherding, preaching/teaching, and leading
- Being the primary teacher for Sunday morning worship gatherings
- Providing care for the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs as needed in partnership with other church leaders
- Providing support, planning, encouragement, and leadership for the Pastoral staff and Elder Board
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with key leaders and service organizations in the community.
What you need to have:
- Lead Pastor experience
- Masters in Theology or equivalent preferred
- Relational and caring with people
- Lifelong learner
- Comfortable and able to communicate well with people of all ages
Archbold is one of the best places to live in Ohio. Living in Archbold gives residents a sparse suburban feel, and most residents own their homes. Many new residents choose to purchase a lot and have houses built for a very reasonable price. The residents tend to lean conservative, and the public schools are highly rated. Low crime and low cost of living are two other obvious reasons to want to raise your family here. The median age in the city is about 38 years old. The city of Toledo is 50 miles away, and Detroit Airport is only 90 miles. Fort Wayne, Indiana, is also about 50 miles away, with a different airport and many amenities. Archbold provides that wonderful small-town sense of belonging with big cities only an hour’s drive away.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).