Village Church in Baltimore, Maryland is looking for a lead pastor. This multicultural church in the Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore is looking for a person who will communicate a clear vision for Village Church Baltimore while developing leaders to implement and bring that vision to fruition. This role will include Sunday morning preaching and leadership of Village officers (elders and deacons), staff, and community group leaders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and facilitating a strategic plan for making and training disciples to help the church effectively be a community of outreach, growth, and multiplication.
- Cultivating and maintaining international missions partnerships that engage The Village Church in global evangelism and church planting, including leading and participating in short-term mission trips.
- Leading the church in preaching up to 80% of Sundays per year.
- Leading and caring for the staff team including leading the monthly staff team meeting.
- Working with the Operations Director for the administration of church processes.
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competency with the emotional intelligence to tactfully interface with and serve diverse communities of people.
- High capacity for work and responsibility, as well as the ability to appropriately prioritize and delegate.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational leadership, including the ability to build, develop, and lead teams of leaders.
- Collaborative and team-focused.
- Minimum five years of pastoral experience. Seminary-earned MDiv or equivalent is desired.
Hampden is located in Baltimore city. It is a classic neighborhood with a traditional blue-collar community. Within the last 15 years, Hampden has experienced much gentrification and development and is one of the more popular communities in the city in which to live and visit. As it has grown, it continues to grow in diversity professionally, ethnically, socioeconomically, culturally, class, etc. This area is also heavily community oriented. Young families, students, and professionals are drawn here because it offers the excitement of city life while also having a community/residential vibe.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).