The Chapel in Akron, OH, is looking for a Campus Pastor to lead the Akron Campus of this eight-campus church. The Akron Campus Pastor serves under the Senior Pastor, but functions as the Lead Pastor for the Akron staff and congregation to fulfill the mission of seeing everyone Believing in Jesus, Belonging to Family, Becoming a Disciple, and Building God’s Kingdom.
What you’ll be doing:
- Localize the purpose, mission, vision, and DNA of The Chapel at the Akron Campus
- Reach the community
- Disciple and shepherd the congregation
- Provide directional leadership and operational oversight for this campus and staff
- Preach occasionally and regularly teach in a wide variety of settings
Skills you need to have:
- Minimum of a Masters of Divinity
- Preaching and teaching abilities
- Ability to set culture and drive ministry direction
- Ability to rally staff and congregation
- Maturity to be able to handle leading wide age ranges and cultures
- Capacity for the complexity of a large city-center church and ministry
- Adaptive leadership with the ability to manage change effectively
Akron is a family town in Northeast Ohio, where people are loyal to the region, and of course, Cleveland sports fans are legendary for their blind loyalty. Northeast Ohio is a hidden gem as far as a great place to live and raise a family. The cost of living is affordable compared to next-tier metroplex regions, and there is a wide variety of housing and community styles to choose from; commutes are very manageable and significant traffic jams are rare; schools are great; parks are fantastic and free; and there’s a compelling art, dining, and entertainment scene. Akron is big enough to have just about everything a family would want in terms of access to the outdoors, shopping, dining, and entertainment, yet small enough to have a family and un-frenzied vibe.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).