Pilgrims Baptist Church in Ashaway, Rhode Island is looking for a Senior Pastor. This person should be particularly gifted and called to the full-time ministry of preaching, teaching, and shepherding the church. The pastor will work closely with the leadership team in casting a vision for the growth and continued effectiveness of the ministry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide vision, understanding, encouragement, and oversight for all areas of the church.
- Provide and facilitate pastoral care for the sick and shut-ins in the church.
- Teach the Scriptures in both large and small group settings.
- Do the work of an evangelist and lead the church to be outreach-minded in reaching the world with the gospel through missions and personal witnessing.
- Delegate or serve as the moderator of all membership and leadership meetings.
- Motivate, mentor, equip, and oversee officers, staff, and volunteers for ministry.
- Oversee every area of church life through delegated leadership
What characteristics you need to have:
- Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
- Maintain a strong devotional life of worship, prayer, and personal study of God’s Word.
- Live out and teach a lifestyle of adherence to biblical standards of morality, ethics, and the fruit of the Spirit.
- Accomplish his responsibilities as a shepherd of God’s flock with a spirit of humility, compassion, wisdom, honesty, and integrity as a servant-leader.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all age groups and to be able to keep confidences that arise through counseling and interactions with God’s people.
The Misquamicut and Westerly town beaches in this area are beautiful beaches that bring many people from out of state as well as provide enjoyment for locals. The Westerly Community Chorus, Shakespeare in the Park, and the Summer Pops provide quality entertainment. The weather is great largely due to ocean effects, winter really doesn’t settle in until well into November. Snow falls are not oppressive like they are in northern New England, and spring and fall are beautiful times of the year. It is a great area to raise a family.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).