At Seneca Community Church (SCC) in Romulus, New York, their mission is to make a difference in people’s lives wherever they are by leading them into a growing relationship with God through Christ. They believe that to keep moving towards this mission, the next integral step is to add a full-time associate pastor to the church’s staff. The Associate Pastor will serve with the Lead Pastor to provide supportive leadership in the areas of pastoral care, leadership development, discipleship, youth/young adult ministry (direct oversight), children’s ministry (indirect oversight), preaching, and the overall spiritual health of SCC.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting with the Sunday preaching ministry
- Being responsible for the planning, organizing, promoting, evaluating, and continued growth of a comprehensive student ministry (6th – 12th grade)
- Developing and being responsible for the planning, organizing, and promoting of a young adult ministry for those out of high school through their late 20s
- Assisting in discipleship development, serving as a facilitator/teacher
- Assisting in providing ministry counseling to the church membership and members of the community
- Overseeing and further developing the Community Group ministry, including training/mentoring leaders, facilitators, and hosts
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Ability to preach and teach
- Be strategic and practical in planning and organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Use professionalism and discretion at all times
- Maintain a high level of excellence and quality
The Town of Romulus is beautifully situated at the heart of the Finger Lakes between Seneca and Cayuga lakes. Romulus is predominantly agricultural and tourism-focused with historical museums, nationally renowned wineries, and many other attractions. We are also close to Taughannock Falls, Watkins Glen Park and Raceway, Finger Lakes National Forest, and an hour’s drive to Syracuse, Rochester, and Ithaca. We are a tight-knit community and the cost of living is affordable.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).