Kids Ministry Director / Pastor
Real Life Church in Austin, Texas, is looking for a Kids Ministry Director/Pastor to join their team. This person will be responsible for providing direction and leadership for the Real Life (RL) Children’s Ministry (birth through 5th grade), positioning the ministry to align with the overall mission, vision, and values of Real Life Church. The Kids Ministry Director/Pastor will be responsible for preparing and executing the children’s ministries and events, as well as managing existing and recruiting volunteers to serve as RL Kids leaders for all Real Life Campuses.
What you’ll be doing:
- Discipling and building relationships with all members of the RL Kids team.
- Developing and leading a robust Kids’ Ministry volunteer team, including recruiting, developing, resourcing, and consistent coaching; one that initiates new volunteers and continues the training and education of all volunteers on a regular basis.
- Implementing age-appropriate curriculum to encourage spiritual formation and growth.
- Creating a weekly, high-energy grade school experience that is fun, engaging, but also spiritually valuable.
- Leading Sunday morning programming by leading volunteer huddles, greeting families, teaching classes when necessary, and troubleshooting.
What you need to have:
- Excellent teamwork and management skills to lead ministry teams, multiple projects, and supervision of employees, volunteers, and contractors.
- Ability to innovate, initiate, organize, complete, and follow up on applicable project work.
- Able to creatively problem-solve if issues arise.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written formats, with a demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations.
- Ability to stay organized and can maintain administrative duties.
As recently as 2019, Austin was named the Number One Best Place to Live, according to U.S. News & World Report, which evaluated affordability, job prospects and quality of life. People are drawn to the Texas capital’s music, outdoor spaces and cultural institutions. There are numerous excellent places for hiking, biking and cycling, swimming, camping, climbing and bouldering, kayaking, canoeing and paddle-boarding, boating, and more.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).