Pastor of Student & Family Ministry
Washington Heights Baptist Church in Dayton, Ohio is looking for a Pastor of Student and Family Ministry to join their team. The New Heights Student Ministries serves the junior high and high school students at WHBC. The purpose of this ministry is to nurture the students’ love for Christ and equip them to take their faith out into a lost world in need of a Savior. They are looking for someone who will shepherd their students and partner with parents to meet this goal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the regular Student Ministry gatherings with care and excellence
- Developing, recruiting, training, and equipping volunteer adult leaders who can assist the Student Pastor in nurturing the students’ love for Christ and equip them to take their faith out into a lost world in need of a Savior
- Planning and leading annual mission trips for high school students with guidance and insight from the Global Outreach Team
- Collaborating with other members of the Pastoral Staff, Support Staff, and other ministry leaders to accomplish the mission and vision of WHBC
- Overseeing the Children’s and Sports Outreach Ministries
Skills you’ll need to have:
- A person after God’s heart
- Team player
- Honest and trustworthy
- A people person
- Cooperative work style
Dayton is an affordable area, with a long history and a rich culture. Median home prices in the area are $195,000 for a 4-bedroom home. US News and World Report ranks Dayton #3 best places to live in Ohio! There are tons of enrichment opportunities for families, with beautiful parks and trails. There are over 350 miles of bike trails in the area and several splash parks to enjoy. The people are fantastic! Dayton is within a 90-minute drive of three large cities (Cincinnati, Columbus, and Indianapolis) with major sports teams. The Dayton area boasts rich historical roots (where the Wright Brothers lived and built the first airplane) and world-class museums.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).