Northpointe Community Church in Dewitt, Michigan, is looking for a Children’s Minister to join its team. This nondenominational, contemporary church has an “Own, See, Share” vision that has everyone who calls Northpointe home regularly sharing how Jesus is working in their life within their sphere of influence. The Children’s Minster will lead a team of volunteers in the various early childhood, elementary, and preteen ministry areas and develop a team that will specialize in their particular ministry area, living out the vision of Northpointe. They want to partner with parents to help their child move to a life fully devoted to Jesus Christ.
What you’ll be doing:
• Developing high quality programming for two Sunday Morning services for early childhood, elementary, and preteen ministry areas
• Developing area lead volunteers to assist in each of the three areas (early childhood, elementary, and preteen) of programming
• Overseeing Sunday supervisors who will monitor and assist the programs happening in early childhood, elementary, and preteen ministry areas on Sunday Mornings
• Meeting regularly with Supervisor to evaluate the needs and issues affecting each ministry area
What skills you need to have:
• Ability to recruit and develop a team of volunteers
• Passion and understanding of child development
• Desire to learn and grow from experience
• Sense of humor
DeWitt is located in a suburb north of Lansing, Michigan. It is primarily a growing community for young families and there is a lot of pride in the local school system, which is one of the top local schools. The small downtown area has many parks, a river that is great for kayaks, and local shops and restaurants. Most sports fans enjoy a local high school football game or watch the Spartans play in nearby East Lansing. Being located close to Michigan State University also provides access to amazing Broadway Theatre and incredible musical performances. Being centrally located in the state allows for easy traveling to some of Michigan’s best vacation spots for either skiing or boating on the great lakes.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).