Kennesaw United Methodist Church in the Metro Atlanta area, is in search of a NextGen Pastor. This new position will oversee and lead all ministries from cradle through college. Their goal is to establish ministries to children and students as one strategic, continuous ministry that maximizes the impact the church can have before adulthood. The focus will be to minister to the whole family, empowering parents and mentors to better witness to and guide children to maturity in faith. The NextGen Pastor will be hands-on while also coordinating other staff members. This will be an executive-level position within the staff with significant influence on the church as a whole.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish deep networks and relationships in the church and community
- Create new vision for effective ministry to young people and their families at Kennesaw UMC
- Provide flourishing, continuous ministries that lead young people into a deep and meaningful relationship with Christ that will last for a lifetime
- Train and engage volunteers and develop strong leaders
- Empower parents in laying a foundation of faith
- Directly lead the youth ministries of the church while guiding and supervising staff in other ministry areas
Skills you need to have:
- Effective and inspiring communicator, both written and orally
- Must be able to articulate his/her faith and teach United Methodist theological tenants
- Be familiar with Orange models of ministry and regularly exploring other effective models
- Must be a process-oriented thinker and problem solver
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required
Must have 3-5 years’ experience in children’s ministry, youth ministry, or other related field
Kennesaw, 30 minutes north of Atlanta is a growing city with the state’s second-largest public university, Kennesaw State University. The surrounding area is primarily residential, retail, and recreational, and is home to many of the service members stationed at Dobbins Air Reserve Base. The city’s combination of small-town charm and big-city amenities provides access to excellent educational resources, first-rate parks, green spaces, public buildings, and athletic facilities. The city itself hosts well-attended, regular community events and festivals.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).