Next Generation Pastor
Destination Community Church of Prestonsburg, Kentucky is looking for a Next Generation Pastor to join their team! This person will be a champion for the next generation, providing leadership and oversight for children, students, and families, birth – 12th Grade, at Destination Community Church, as they fulfill their vision of leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing vision and leadership to DCC Kids (Birth – 5th Grade) and XP3 (Student Ministry 6th – 12th Grade)
- Growing and maintaining attendance in Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry to 15% of weekend service attendance
- Leading and assisting our volunteer teams with regard to curriculum, leader recruitment/development, and scheduling
- Developing and implementing a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Passionate about the vision of leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and raising up a generation that will do great things for the Kingdom of God
- Excel at leading and developing leaders
- Enjoy collaborative ministry and thrives in a team setting
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills for growing, mobilizing, and maintaining a strong and effective team and ministry
Located in the eastern Kentucky mountains, Prestonsburg (pop. 3,225) is a rural, hometown city where everyone knows everyone else. We enjoy all four seasons of the year, and it is a great place to live for people who like the outdoors (plenty of hiking, biking, kayaking, hunting, fishing, golf). There is a great sense of pride in the community that centers around the church, schools, and sports.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).