New Community Church is a contemporary, non-denominational, Evangelical church in Elizabeth City, NC. They strive to become a compelling presence for Jesus Christ in the area and beyond. They value simplicity in ministry, authenticity in relationships, and a humble approach to life and ministry. They are looking for a Worship Pastor to join their team. They are seeking someone to help the church grow deeper in love with Christ and deeper into a relationship with Him and to create a more fervent, alive, real worshipful heart in the people.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Lead Pastor to plan services that engage our church in worship on a weekly basis and for special events
- Rehearsing and leading the musical component of all Worship Services
- Recruiting, training, scheduling, and pastoring all worship team members
- Working alongside the Tech Director and provide oversight for the technical part of the Worship Team, as well as the production of our online service
- Overseeing all aspects of the “creative” ministry of NCC
What skills you need to have:
- Passionately strive to live in a vital daily relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong vocals and ability to lead on guitar
- Team Player
Elizabeth City has a small town feel, but has big city issues in that it is growing fast! There has been a renaissance in the downtown area in the last 5 years. This is a great place to live to raise a family. They are near the water, one hour from the Outer Banks, one hour from Virginia Beach and Norfolk, Virginia and 2.5 hours to Raleigh, North Carolina. They also have the distinction of being an official US Coast Guard town. There are a variety of schools in the area, as well as surrounding counties, that are open to all students.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).