Director of Student Ministries
Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church in Moraga, California, is looking for a Director of Student Ministries to join their team. This person will be responsible for outreach to, for, and development of middle school students and high school students in the Lamorinda area. The Director of Student Ministries will work directly with students, creating a welcoming environment that encourages the student’s spiritual and social development, as well as developing a team of adult volunteers that work alongside this individual to foster growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruiting, training, and coordinating student leaders and adult leaders in conjunction with the Associate Pastor
- Developing and implementing new programs, which includes activities such as selecting curriculum, recruiting and training volunteer leaders and teachers
- Planning and leading Wednesday night Senior High and Thursday night Studio 68
- Planning and leading retreats, camps, and events
What you need to have:
- A vibrant, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Academic preparation, including an undergraduate degree
- Ability to organize and supervise diverse programs
- Ability to communicate with a diverse student body and relate well to students
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong teaching skills
Salary Range: $65,000-$72,000
Moraga is a suburb of the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area with a population of 17,539. Moraga is in Contra Costa County and is one of the best places to live in California. Living in Moraga offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Moraga, there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals and retirees live there, and residents tend to have moderate political views. Moraga is a great place to raise kids with outdoor recreation, and highly rated public schools.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).