Minister of Christian Education
Bonsack Baptist Church in Roanoke, VA is in search of a Minister of Christian Education to grow and equip their Sunday School/small groups and to develop the hearts, minds, souls, and body of the church. They are looking for someone to promote a culture of discipleship growth through personal spiritual disciplines. This will mainly be done through the growth of Sunday School and help the assimilation process for new members to become active members of the church community.
What you’ll be doing:
– Evaluate, develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive discipleship and outreach strategy
– Equip and develop Sunday School teachers and leaders
– Assess areas of need for discipleship training and plan appropriate development of spiritual growth
– Develop and communicate the process by which new believers, new members, and guests find their place
– Inspire in others a passion for reaching our community for Christ
– Provide ongoing vision and training of the hospitality team
– Provide vision and guidance to the primary adult discipleship ministries of the church
What you need to have:
– A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
– Healthy family relationships
– Strong moral character
– A proven passion for making disciples and developing teams in a growing church
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively as a leader and teacher
– Ability to think strategically and involve others in all levels of the disciple-making process
– A minimum of five years of vocational ministry experience and a master’s degree in Christian Education, Discipleship
or comparable degree
– Supervisory experience preferred
Bonsack Baptist is located in the northeast sector of the Roanoke Valley. This once-rural area has grown in the last decades to become a suburban outpost. Though only six miles from downtown Roanoke, this area has a life of its own. People who move here have a tendency to stay and the community benefits from two very good school systems. The Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail both pass within less than 6 miles from the church, and Smith Mountain Lake is less than 30 minutes to the south. It is truly a beautiful place to live!
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).