Minister of Discipleship
First Baptist Church of Copperas Cove, Texas is seeking a Minister of Discipleship to join their team. This person will help the church to fulfill the Great Commission through leading ministries designed to develop and multiply disciples. The Minister of Discipleship will be primarily focused on leading the small group ministry, which is currently Sunday School, by enlisting, training, and encouraging healthy leaders who lead healthy groups, emphasizing reaching people and multiplying groups.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as the hands-on leader of the adult small group ministry and working with the youth, children, and preschool ministers to help them lead their age groups
- Giving oversight to outreach, assimilation of new members, men’s and women’s discipleship ministries, and one on one discipleship of new and maturing believers
- Developing and maintaining a small group strategy that aligns with the church’s overall vision (to include Sunday morning groups, weekday groups and Bible studies, and discipleship groups).
- Assisting the Senior Pastor with pastoral work and administration as needed and as it fits with their gifts and experience
- Initiating and coordinating outreach training and efforts to move members outside the walls with the gospel
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Good people skills and administrative skills
- A vibrant and growing relationship with Christ
- A personal discipler of men, not just an organizer of programs
- Good sense of humor, trustworthiness, and hard-working
Copperas Cove has a small-town feel but has access to good stores and restaurants in our community and nearby in Killeen. They have an excellent school district and a good network for homeschoolers. They are centrally located between Waco and Austin and between Dallas and San Antonio. They have rivers and lakes nearby, good parks, a golf course, and other entertainment opportunities. The people are friendly and the values are mostly conservative.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).