Lutheran Church of the Cross of Altoona, Iowa, is a practical faith community looking for a Worship Director to join its team. This high-capacity leader will be alive and mature in their faith, yet humble in spirit and hungry to see the mission of God move forward. He/she will enjoy people and have the ability to build and maintain quality relationships. Excellent musical and vocal gifts are a must, as well as a genuine heart of worship. This servant-coach will train and equip others for ministry, work together with various teams, be organized and have solid communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing vision for the worship life of LCC, in coordination with the Senior Pastor and Worship Leadership Team
• Planning weekly contemporary worship and other special worship gatherings (music, video, drama, worship center aesthetics) in coordination with assigned themes
• Leading (and training others to lead) weekend worship
• Leading (and training others to lead) worship for Kids, Youth, and other ministries
• Coaching band members both musically and spiritually
• Mobilizing our worship teams into outreach opportunities
What you need to have:
• Team building
• Excellent vocal and musical gifts of guitar or keys
• Excellent communication both up-front and personal communication
• Able to lead worship for kids and youth
Located in close proximity to Des Moines, Altoona is a suburb of the capital city with a close-knit community feel. Altoona is home to many restaurants and entertainment venues, including a state-of-the-art theater, aquatic center, amusement park, horse racing, and many outdoor recreation opportunities. Within a short drive of the city, you will find water recreation (lakes and rivers) and parks for hiking, camping, and playgrounds. It’s just a short 10-minute drive to downtown Des Moines with many cultural, shopping, and dining options.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).