Pastor of Family Discipleship
Lutheran Church of the Cross of Altoona, Iowa, is a practical faith community looking for a Pastor of Family Discipleship to join its team. This high-capacity leader will be mature in their faith, yet humble in spirit and hungry to see the mission of God move forward. He/she will enjoy people and have the ability to build and maintain quality relationships. Drawing on in-depth experience leading kids, youth, and adult ministry, we’d like for the Discipleship Pastor to bring creativity, vision and a cohesive discipleship strategy to the church. This servant-coach will train and equip others for ministry, work together with various teams, be organized, and have excellent communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing vision, coaching, training and recruiting for the Kids Ministry Team
• Providing coaching for the Youth Coordinator and being a visible presence during Youth Ministry gatherings
• Providing vision, coaching, training, and presence for the Adult Ministry Team and coaching the Next Steps Coordinator
• Overseeing the pre-marriage ministry process
What you need to have:
• Disciple of Jesus Christ
• Strong ministry gifts and passion for Discipleship of all ages, and Preaching/Teaching
• Leadership gifts of casting vision and team building
• Comfortable with and capable of using multimedia in preaching/teaching
Located in close proximity to Des Moines, Altoona is a suburb of the capital city with a close-knit community feel. Altoona is home to many restaurants and entertainment venues, including a state-of-the-art theater, aquatic center, amusement park, horse racing, and many outdoor recreation opportunities. Within a short drive of the city, you will find water recreation (lakes and rivers) and parks for hiking, camping, and playgrounds. It’s just a short 10-minute drive to downtown Des Moines with many cultural, shopping, and dining options.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).