Lead Students Director
Grace Bible Church in Virginia Beach, Virginia is looking for a Lead Students Director to join their team. This multi-site church is looking for a key member of the NextGen Leadership Team to lead a team of student directors. This person will also serve as the High School Director for the Lynnhaven Campus and encourage high school leaders and high schoolers (9th-12th) in their spiritual growth/formation. The Lead Students Director will partner with families in leading the next generation to know, love, and serve Jesus while focusing on integrating strategy, reactivating the family, refining the message, elevating community, and leveraging influence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Casting a vision and ensuring the development of teams for Middle School and High School Ministry with a multi-campus perspective
- Collaborating with Student Directors and NextGen Director to create a culture that attracts students, empowers volunteers, and equips parents
- Leading and developing Student Ministry staff, residents, and interns
- Working to create irresistible environments that lead to life-changing relationships
- Overseeing student events, retreats, camps, SALT trips
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Must have the love of Jesus for students
- A life that exhibits a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A history of training and mentoring by seasoned student ministry leaders
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong technical skills—with computers, sound, lighting
Virginia Beach is a family-friendly community that has many options for entertainment within a 45-minute drive. In addition, Virginia Beach City Public Schools is the fourth largest in Virginia, and among the 50 largest school systems in the United States (based on student enrollment). All of the division’s 80+ schools are fully accredited in the Virginia Standards of Learning. For the younger adult, Virginia Beach offers many options for creating a community with options for artists, musicians, athletes, and more. Residents benefit from a booming economy, an unemployment rate of 3.6%, a health-conscious culture, and the lowest tax rate in the Hampton Roads region.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).