GracePoint Church, located in Lodi, California, is looking for its next Lead Pastor. They are seeking someone to serve as the leader of the church, and oversee ministry and support staff. This person will preach and teach the Word of God, as well as lead in the administration of the church ordinances. They are looking for someone who will also be able to provide counsel in decision-making by serving on the Elder Board and as an ex-officio member of any ministry team or committee.
What you’ll be doing:
- Teach and preach
- Lead and encourage the staff
- Develop, promote, and implement a vision for discipleship and spiritual growth of the congregation
- Lead, love, and shepherd the congregation
What you need to have:
- A baccalaureate degree and graduate degree (e.g., MDiv) from a Baptist or other conservative evangelical seminary
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work effectively with a congregation with varied backgrounds and experiences
- High personal and moral integrity
- Theologically conservative
- Have demonstrated leadership and managerial skills for working with church staff
Lodi is a quiet suburban city located just a few miles north of Stockton, a community of about 315,000 people. Sacramento, the capital of California, is about 35 miles north of this highly agricultural region. While the crops grown in our area are diverse, Lodi is a major area for vineyards and there are many local wineries. Lodi is centrally located among many of California’s major attractions, and several professional sports teams such as football, basketball, soccer, and baseball are within easy driving distance. Historic downtown Lodi offers many boutique shops, restaurants, and cafes plus there are local bed and breakfasts. Lodi has that small-town feel with a strong sense of community and is considered a safe community where people want to raise their families.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).