Kentwood Community Church in Kentwood, MI, is in search of a Children’s Pastor. This new team member will lead the next generation ministries, birth through high school, working directly with the Student Ministries and Real Kidz Ministries pastors/leaders to implement their vision and mission. Kentwood Community Church is a 41-year-old, multi-ethnic church located in a suburb of Grand Rapids.
What you’ll be doing:
– Work with Orange Family Ministries (Think Orange, The Essence of Orange, Reggie Joiner)
– Work with staff, volunteers, and lay leaders to create, to unite our NextGen ministries
– Create, organize and deliver an integrated discipleship program for NextGen
– Work on vision for reaching and engaging the next generation
– Work to develop NextGen ministry leadership and volunteer leaders
– Ensure that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed
– Coordinate community partnerships with schools and local agencies
Skills you’ll need to have:
– Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry
– BA or BS, theological degree desired
– Heart for the next generation
– Excellent communications skills
– Process-oriented thinking, ministry wiring, and problem-solving skills
– Ability to multitask, think “big picture” and delegate responsibility
– Must be able to lead and create a discipleship/mentor environment
– Supervisory skills and experience
Kentwood is a very diverse area with many immigrants and refugees from across the globe. In Kentwood, there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. It’s known as a convenient big city that has amenities and also a small-town feel. We have something for everyone including arts, history, and museums. The Grand Rapids area is filled with a variety of industries that include manufacturing, medical, college universities, and many non-profits. It’s unique location in West Michigan makes it easy to visit Lake Michigan, a host of smaller lakes, rivers, and streams along with hiking and biking trails and lots of local parks.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).