Growth & Development Pastor
Grace Christian Fellowship (GCF) in Cortland, New York is searching for a Growth & Development Pastor to join its team. GCF multiplies followers of Jesus by changing lives through changed lives! This role will lead, develop, enhance & champion the organizational health & expansion of GCF – primarily by overseeing Sunday ministries, assimilation, next steps, and connection groups.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving on GCF’s staff directional team called the Ministry Leadership Team (MLT) providing oversight, development, and execution of GCF’s mission & vision
- Leading GCF’s discipleship & worship pastor, youth pastor, kid min director, and equipping coordinator
- Overseeing GCF’s Sunday experiences including the staff/volunteers who make Sundays happen – coordinating all the details involved
- Creating a holistic “lost-to-leading” culture through effective & fruitful assimilation, mobilization, next steps, and leadership development pipeline
- Collaboratively improving and developing the strategic systems & processes that accelerate GCF’s growth and multiplication across Central NY
What you need to have:
- A committed follower of Christ in full agreement with GCF’s beliefs, mission, vision, and ministry philosophy
- Humble attitude and hungry to learn with consistent follow-through and a white-hot passion for people far from God
- A passion to empower others rather than do ministry solo
- Proven track record in effective, fruitful discipleship
- Highly organized and clear problem-solving skills with excellent written/oral communication skills
The Adirondack region is only a couple hours drive from Cortland. Many people in the area climb the various peaks and camp in the Adirondacks. People love the pace of life in the Cortland area which is without the rush and hurry of many larger cities. You can play outdoors in all four seasons while still having access to the amenities of larger cities. This is a great place to raise a family and a wonderful area to set down roots.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).