Grace Christian Fellowship in Cortland, NY, is in search of their next Senior Pastor to lead and guide the congregation, staff, and lay leaders, and seek God’s will regarding the vision for the church. This individual will serve as the primary teacher and communicator. Grace Christian Fellowship is looking for a big-picture thinker who can build on the foundation and move the congregation into the next phase of ministry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Encouraging and shepherding the spiritual development of the congregation
- Providing strong and discerning leadership in staff development, pastoral care, financial management, and overall management of the church operations
- Being accountable to and leading the Board of Directors
- Casting the vision for GCF based on the foundation that has been laid
- Overseeing operations including finances, human resources, information technology, and facilities management
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Ability to lead well and develop leaders
- Recognize gifts and abilities in others and develop them
- Be trustworthy and approachable
- Be mature and open-minded
- Decisive – Work well in a team setting
- Masters of Divinity and Ordination preferred
- Preferred ten years or more of ministry experience
- Qualifications of an Elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
About the community:
The city of Cortland is located in central New York state, within close proximity to Homer and Cortlandville, both more rural areas. Cortland is a beautiful place to live with a distinct change in seasons as well as lots to do in the winter months. People love the pace of life in the Cortland area. You can enjoy a consistent pace without the rush and hurry of many larger cities, and you’ll love the ability to play outdoors in all four seasons while still having access to the amenities of larger cities. This is a great place to raise a family and a wonderful area to set down roots.
Does this sound like the kind of culture in which you’d like to serve? Start by sending in your resume and adding your profile:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).