Sugar Creek Baptist Church in Sugar Land, Texas is a growing mega, multi-site church called to lead and love all people to life change in Christ. They are looking for a Finance Director to join their team. This person will lead a Finance team of 4-5 people to give oversight to A/R, A/P, payroll, budgeting, giving, banking, policy development/implementation, audit, taxes, etc. They are wanting someone who has a “ministry” heart and understands that the position is more than a job.
What you’ll be doing:
• Forecasting, building, and implementing annual operational budgets
• Knowledge/experience in non-profit annual audits
• Developing and implementing policies and internal accounting controls
• Working with bank officials
• Payroll/HR functions
Skills you’ll need to have:
• Committed Christian living out their faith
• BS degree in accounting; CPA with 501c3 experience
• Strong leadership skills and experience: communicate with, lead, delegate and manage support staff well
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ministry minded
Sugar Land is a suburb of Houston TX located in Ft. Bend County which is southwest of Houston (5 million people) and has a population of 110,000 people. The community is generally upper-middle class and very ethnically diverse. There are a lot of things to do in this area for families (parks, sports, recreation, etc.)
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).