Expectation Church in Fairfax, Virginia, is looking to add an eKids Director/Pastor to their team! They are looking for a highly capable person who is able to develop and implement systems that will recruit, utilize, and delegate to volunteers in our church to best achieve their mission to children through the 5th grade. They are looking for a person who is able to learn quickly, be adaptable, and collaborate with other staff and volunteers.
What you’ll be doing:
• Planning and executing preschool-aged and elementary school-aged worship experiences with excellence, training volunteers to engage children, and empowering parents to lead and grow their child’s faith at home.
• Working with the Next Generation Pastor to ensure a consistent strategy, vision, and direction for the Next Generation Ministries
• Providing visionary leadership and oversight to eKids and eKids Jr. (Birth – 5th grade), developing and utilizing the eKids playbook that provides mission, values, vision, training, and strategy to volunteers, families, and children
• Supporting and collaborating with parents to provide resources to help them lead at home
What skills you need to have:
• A passion for Jesus
• A visionary attitude
• The ability to collaborate with others, equip, and empower others to do the work of ministry and ensure that the job is done with excellence
• Time management skills
• A passion for learning
Fairfax County consists of multiple suburbs that are all joined together. Fairfax is in the Northern Virginia area and is close to Washington, D.C. Government contracting, military, and federal government make up a significant portion of the job industry here. Politically, Fairfax is more liberal than conservative. Spiritually, there is a wide array of faiths here from all around the world as well as many agnostics and atheists. There is no shortage of multicultural experiences, and this is a historic region surrounded by civil war sites. The school system regularly ranks as one of the highest in the country, with a wide array of opportunities for students. The greatest part of living in Northern Virginia (NoVA) is the rich diversity of experiences and people here.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).