Eastern Hills Bible Church is looking for a mission strategist to join their Pastoral Leadership Team and share responsibilities for preaching and executing a strategic plan to achieve the church’s ministry outcomes. The church aspires to equip their members to grow in relationship with God and to reach others in Central New York. The position requires developing and executing a strategic plan for the caring and discipleship of the congregation.
Discipleship Leadership: With love, grace, and wisdom oversee, model, and lead the discipleship programs and learning environments for all ages in the church.
Caring Ministries Leadership: Create a tone & culture of care and connection within our body & communities.
Preaching: Preaching: Partner in the development, scheduling and delivery of sermon series and stewardship of EHBC’s theology. Preach in approximately 20-25 Sunday services per year.
Staff Leadership Team: Partner with other members of PLT to lead on key organizational issues, staffing, and finance towards the pursuit of ministry outcomes.
- Lead, manage, shepherd, and coach the staff. This aspect includes regular one-on-one meetings with staff to set, track, and consult on how to achieve their Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that are in alignment with Eastern Hills’ vision, strategic plan, and spiritual formation pathways.
- Recruit, hire, and retain exceptional leaders for open pastoral, staff, and volunteer positions
- Foster a thriving and diverse staff culture in partnership with other members of the Pastoral Leadership Team and the Elder Board.
Strategic Planning: Partner with the other member of PLT to provide organizational leadership to strategic planning, communication, and implementation in pursuit of ministry outcomes.
Shared Responsibility of Congregational Care: displayed through counseling, wedding, funerals, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree is required for this position with a preference for a master’s degree in the area of theology and/or ministry.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in a large congregation with a significant ministry leadership role.
- Track record of growing ministries and improving effectiveness.
- Demonstrated passion and ability for biblical preaching to a broad audience.
- Love for developing, coaching, and caring for people.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).