Eastern Hills Bible Church is looking for a mission strategist to join their Pastoral Leadership Team and lead in executing a strategic plan for the strengthening church’s culture. They want to equip their church further to reach Central New York. He will take ownership of moving Eastern Hill’s strategic plan from vision to execution through the alignment and development of the church’s staff, overseeing operations, and leading the charge for the care and discipleship of the congregation.
Discipleship Leadership: With love, grace, and wisdom oversee, model, and lead the discipleship programs and learning environments.
Caring Ministries Leadership: Create a tone & culture of care and connection within our body & communities.
Staff Leadership Team: Partner with other members of PLT to lead on key organizational issues, staffing, and finance towards the pursuit of ministry outcomes.
- Lead, manage, shepherd, and coach the staff. This aspect includes regular one-on-one meetings with staff to set, track, and consult on how to achieve their Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that are in alignment with Eastern Hills’ vision, strategic plan, and spiritual formation pathways.
- Recruit, hire, and retain exceptional leaders for open pastoral, staff, and volunteer positions.
- Foster a thriving and diverse staff culture in partnership with other members of the Pastoral Leadership Team and the Elder Board.
Strategic Planning: Partner with the other member of PLT to provide organizational leadership to strategic planning, communication, and implementation in pursuit of ministry outcomes.
Preaching: Partner in the development, scheduling and delivery of sermon series and stewardship of EHBC’s theology. Preach in approximately 30% of Sunday services.
Missions: Envision & collaborate with our local and global partners as well as other organizations so that God’s mission might unfold within the Syracuse community and world.
Shared Responsibility of Congregational Care: displayed through counseling, wedding, funerals, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree is required for this position with a preference for a master’s degree in the area of Ministry, Business Administration or Organizational Leadership.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in a large congregation either as an Executive Pastor or in leading a large ministry department.
- Track record of growing ministries and improving effectiveness.
- Love for developing and coaching people.
- Strategic thinker and collaborator
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).