Double Oak Community Church in Birmingham, Alabama, is looking for a Discipleship Pastor to join its team. This vibrant, growing, multisite church is looking for someone who exhibits a genuine faith in Jesus Christ and who has been called to serve the Lord vocationally by discipling and shepherding the people of God. This person should be a person of discipline and character whose life is characterized by devotion, study, and service.
What you’ll be doing:
• Training, recruiting, and encouraging leaders for Community Groups and Wednesday night discipleship program; support discipleship staff in raising leaders in their areas.
• Offering regular training events for teachers, facilitators, and ministry leaders; supervising and supporting the leadership for men’s, women’s, student’s, children’s, and preschool ministries.
• Planning discipleship opportunities that engage the Scripture and partner with the work of the Spirit to lead others to deeper belief and growth in their relationships with the Lord.
• Provide, oversee, and vet discipleship materials for all age groups of the church.
• Encouraging ministry leaders to integrate service opportunities into their discipleship communities with the awareness that becoming like Christ must include active service to others.
What skills you need to have:
• Experience in being a discipler and in discipling others
• Organized and self-motivated/self-starter
• Teaching skills
• Relational awareness and emotional intelligence
• Team player
Double Oak Community Church is in a planned community in the Hoover area, south of Birmingham. People like living here because of the strong family environment, excellent schools, access to strong healthcare networks, and almost unlimited opportunities for shopping, entertainment, leisure, and recreation. We are only a couple of hours away from large cities like Atlanta and Nashville, and drives to the mountains or beaches can be done in a few hours as well.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).