Worship & Youth Ministries
Christ Church Greensboro is a 10-year-old church located in downtown Greensboro, NC, whose mission is to be a gospel-centered church that brings renewed life to the people of the community. Located in the heart of the city, they have a commitment to diversity and unity centered on the gospel. They are currently seeking a Director of Worship & Youth Ministries to provide significant leadership as a part of their staff team. This person will work to plan and lead weekly worship services engaging the congregation and community. This person will also give leadership to Youth Ministries providing leadership and support to build a strong youth team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the weekly worship service, providing vision, leadership, and spiritual care to the worship team
- Provide training and development opportunities for worship teams, with a focus on involving more of the congregation in the worship experience
- Work on a strategic level with the senior pastor and other staff members to plan events, encourage creativity and bring an intentional focus on multiethnic and multigenerational worship elements
- Work directly with the middle and high school youth groups. Develop and coordinate a volunteer team to engage in youth ministries and develop a vision for our youth
- On an as needed basis, provide administrative and support services to volunteer ministry leaders
What characteristics you need to have:
- A thriving and dynamic personal relationship with God
- Strong vocal and musical skills with a broad exposure to current and traditional music styles
- Strong technical skills in the area of sound and video technology
- A passion for and ability to relate to a variety of people with a particular heart for youth
- Desire and ability to relate to multiple cultures and worship traditions
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience in developing leaders and managing teams
The city of Greensboro is one of the most diverse cities in the state of North Carolina. The last 15 years have seen a significant revitalization of the downtown area with its minor league baseball park, performing arts center attracting broadway musicals, LeBauer Park as an attraction to families, the Children’s Museum, Historical Museum, and more.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).