Executive Director of Operations
Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church, a diverse, growing church on a 5-acre campus in the heart of downtown Walnut Creek, is looking for an Executive Director of Operations (DofO). This person will be responsible for the management of the administrative, human resource, financial, communications, and facilities services of the church in support of the vision of the Lead Pastor and the Session. The Executive DofO serves as a key point of connection and continuity between ministries, staff members, congregants, volunteers, and elder ministry teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall integrity of the accounting structure of the church
- Lead, develop, and manage people, with direct oversight of four staff and indirect partnership with all others on staff
- Strengthen the operational effectiveness of everything WCPC does — develop, implement, and monitor ministry strategic planning systems
- Provide leadership for and oversight of the daily administrative and operational activities of WCPC including communications and facilities
What you need to have:
- Growing and deepening faith in Jesus Christ
- Strong record of effectiveness as a manager and decision-maker
- Team builder who can bring out latent skills and talents in others
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor ministry strategic planning systems and the related budgeting process
- Strong knowledge of church bookkeeping needs and processes
- Good analytical skills; strong written and oral communication skills
Walnut Creek is a city in the midst of a tremendous transition. What was once a sleepy, distant suburb of San Francisco, is now a burgeoning center of commercial, retail and urban living. Over the past ten years, Walnut Creek has witnessed tremendous growth in the number of downtown residential units (both rental apartments and condominiums) being built and quickly occupied. Due to convenient access to public transportation (BART), Walnut Creek is viewed as a cost-effective alternative to living in San Francisco, yet still with easy access to high quality shopping, restaurants and schools.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).