Director of Children’s Ministry
New Hope Church in Greenwood, Indiana is looking for a Director of Children’s Ministry to join their team. This person will be responsible for casting vision and leading the way for the church in connecting not just with kids, but with the entire family. He/She will be focused on planting the seeds for authentic discipleship and setting the stage for deep connections. Furthermore, they are wanting someone who will study and embrace the upcoming generations to dream up and develop new strategies (not doing church the way we’ve always done it) to reach the next generations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Growing the Children’s Ministry’s reach and engagement by creating and implementing a strategy that draws kids and families to Jesus
- Recruiting, developing, and empowering teams of volunteers to implement a dynamic ministry to kids
- Leading families and encouraging them to connect what happens on Sunday with the home Monday-Saturday
- Remaining current on trends and practices in family ministry and exploring new ways of doing Children’s Ministry for a new generation in a new time
- Serving on the Shared Leadership team, championing and leading the charge in fulfilling the vision of the church by reaching and developing the faith of the next generation
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Easy going style but able to push forward hard when needed
- Honesty and integrity
- Sense of humor
- Ability to think outside of traditional Children’s Ministry strategies
Greenwood offers a lower cost of living compared to similar cities surrounding Indianapolis and has become a very attractive home for many families. Our community offers three high-performing school districts – Greenwood Community, Center Grove, and Clark-Pleasant – all possessing a rich academic history. Greenwood families and young professionals enjoy a variety of dining options, including a number of local downtown favorites, all the nationally known staples, and several homegrown breweries and coffee shops. And in addition to all of the wonderful things Greenwood can offer, the city is still just a short drive to Indianapolis, where families can go for a stroll on the canal, catch an NBA or NFL game, visit the Indianapolis Zoo, or catch a concert on the lawn at White River State Park.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).