Director of Care & Compassion
Bridgeway Christian Church is a large (2,000+ person) congregation located in Roseville, California. They are looking for a Director of Care & Compassion to join their team. This person will oversee all primary departments that deal with outreach, care, helps, counseling, ministry to the hurting, missions, evangelism, and prayer. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, along with the Senior Pastor, this person makes high-level decisions for the design, management, and implementation of the church’s vision in these areas. This Director is the Champion at Bridgeway who stands for the hurting and discerns the voice of the Holy Spirit regarding how Jesus would best love and care for those struggling or broken. This department could be considered the heart of Bridgeway and it must be led with vision, courage, wisdom, and empowerment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing and developing a team of highly qualified leaders who run teams of staff and volunteers under them
- Developing systems to inform staff and other stakeholders of the Care and Compassion ministry’s mission/vision in order to provide clear communication and alignment within the ministry as a whole at Bridgeway Christian Church
- Shepherding the growth of the Care and Compassion Department through intentional recruitment, delegation, mentoring, and coaching as needed
- Participating as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team, attending weekly meetings, annual planning retreats, and other leadership activities as needed
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Spirit-filled disciple of Christ
- Missions and outreach experience
- Experience with Holy Spirit ministry (supernatural)
- Organized and strategic thinker
- Developer of leaders
A suburb of Sacramento, Roseville has amazing weather and everything you could want. California is amazingly diverse and has more options in one state than most of the U. S. combined. Bridgeway is located in Northern California with a ton of outdoor activities and is family-oriented with good-hearted people.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).