Destination Community Church in Prestonsburg, KY is in search of a new Senior Pastor to oversee the spiritual health and direction of the church. This small-town, contemporary church looks to grow and provide outreach to the community while challenging church members to fulfill their God-given mission to make disciples.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring spiritual health and discipleship strategy for the church
- Model Biblical priorities
- Clarify and champion Destination Church’s vision and values through action plans and goals
- Oversee all worship experiences and deliver relevant, Biblical messages
- Provide leadership to staff
- Reproduce the church
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Experience leading a church
- Leadership skills
- Vision-casting abilities
- A willingness to provide new approaches and technologies
- A desire to grow and improve
- An understanding of the south and southern culture
Located in the eastern Kentucky mountains, Prestonsburg (pop. 3,225) is a rural, hometown city where everyone knows everyone else. We enjoy all four seasons of the year, and it is a great place to live for people who like the outdoors. (plenty of hiking, biking, kayaking, hunting, fishing, golf) There is a great sense of pride in the community that centers around the church, schools, and sports.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).