Student Ministries Pastor
Crossroads Church in Turlock, California, is in search of its next Student Ministries Pastor. This person will be responsible for developing and overseeing ministry to students in 7th grade – College. The primary personal ministry outlet will be with High School, but this person will be responsible for the entire Student Ministry. The perfect hire will be an experienced pastoral leader that has a calling and vision to disciple students with God’s word, and a passion to reach non-believing students with the claims of Christ. The person for this role will also be well acquainted with the current cultural landscape that students are growing up in and will be well versed in how to counter the cultural narratives with the truths of Scripture.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing a scope and sequence for the curriculum for 7th grade – High School that balances Bible Content with Christian Apologetics.
- Developing a Mid-week program utilizing the Student Ministry Center that is engaging for both Christians and nonChristians.
- Building into the Student Ministry Calendar regular service projects and mission trips.
- Building a volunteer leadership team that is relationally engaged with the students in their everyday lives.
- Regularly meeting students on school campuses and off campus for the purpose of relationship building, discipleship, and evangelism.
What skills you need to have:
- Love for Students
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 with full benefits
Close to the Bay Area, Turlock is a diverse farming and small business community. Locals love the small-town vibes of Turlock, while still being in close proximity (2-hour drive) to large cities for shopping, the beach, and mountains. Due to the demographics of the area, a variety of cuisine is available at restaurants throughout town, and our sprawling downtown area is known to host a large Farmers Market each weekend from May-October that attracts vendors far and wide.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).