Cornerstone Community Church in Chowchilla, California, is looking to add a Family Pastor to its team. The Family Pastor will function as a pastoral team member to support Cornerstone Community Church in its mission with a focus on ministering to the youth and children and their families. This person will have departmental oversight; leading, encouraging, and caring for the Children’s Director and Youth Director(s), as well as helping provide leadership development directly and through resources/training that assist these staff in fulfilling their ministry.
What you’ll be doing:
• Leading, encouraging, and caring for the Children’s Director and Youth Director(s).
• Coordinating and evaluating the effectiveness of Youth and Children’s Ministry, vision, and team with a sense of urgency.
• Training and encouraging the Youth and Children’s Ministry Directors to recruit and train effective volunteers.
• Strategizing and executing specific care for families of youth and children.
• Working with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor to help execute the vision and strategy, along with the Church’s core values.
Skills you’ll need to have:
• Visionary – can see where we hope to go and is hungry to get there
• Trustworthy – a great leader that families will trust their kids with and are excited to follow
• Activator – great at recruiting a team culture and raising up leaders
• Team player – loves working with others
• Loves coaching others to their full potential
People love the small-town atmosphere of Chowchilla, and if you live in town long enough and get involved, you will see someone you know everywhere you go. The whole town comes out on Friday nights for the high school football games. There are great youth little leagues, football and soccer programs, and a developing “science in the park” program for kids. In addition, over the summer, the city hosts car shows, movies in the park, live music, and a farmers market. There is genuine shared love in our community for our city.
Does this sound like an environment in which you would like to serve?
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).