Shawnee Alliance Church in Lima, OH, is in search of their first Connections Pastor. This person will oversee and direct the small group ministries, assimilation of new members and the NextSteps process for those seeking to be a part of the church. This team-builder will work to grow the existing small groups, train small group leaders and create healthy relationships with staff and volunteers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create, resource, and administrate small groups ministry
- Maintain technology and resources that assist in accomplishing objectives.
- Recruit, mentor and train volunteers to grow ministries and ensure a system of discipleship and connection
- Create and/or oversee community focused groups such as Divorce Care and Divorce Care for Kids, Grief Share and Financial Peace
- Oversee NextSteps process to include church membership, spiritual gifts discovery and Baptism
- Create both long and short-term plans for group ministry that fit the vision of the church
What you need to have:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Licensable within the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Minimum of five years experience in a comparable field
- Ability to lead/manage a team well
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Microsoft Office and Planning Center Online skills
Located in Northwest Ohio, Lima is the county seat of Allen County. Lima has a small-town feel but is conveniently located within 2 hours of larger cities like Cincinnati and Columbus. The tight-knit community enjoys a lower cost of living making Lima an excellent place to raise a family. The communities in Allen County offer tremendous amenities that provide a high quality of life from education to world class healthcare, beautiful parks and arts and cultural opportunities to quaint downtown spaces that provide charm, heritage, and character.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).