Grace Bible Church in Virginia Beach, Virginia is looking for a Connections Director to join their team. They are looking for a self-starter who loves to see people connect to the church and grow with Jesus. The Connections Director will have a passion for shepherding spiritual growth through community groups, creating a caring environment, loving God, demonstrating God’s love in the community, and serving the world. He/She will act as the primary architect for the creation of a Community Group Leadership Strategy that inspires, equips, and reproduces leaders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruiting, training, and empowering Community Group Coaches to successfully recruit, develop, and shepherd Community Group Leaders at the Lynnhaven Campus
- Establishing sustainable and scalable systems and processes across Connections ministries that encourage guests to return and lead attendees to connect to community, serve, and lead
- Working with the Next Steps Director to design and implement strategies to lead guests to return, and lead attendees to take their next step in loving God, living in community, and serving the world
- Planning and preparing avenues by which men and women can enter into mentoring relationships two times a year
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Strong communication skills
- Teaching/presentation skills and experience are essential
- Godly character, obvious love for God and his Word
- Humble; subordinates ego to God, vision, and team
- Able to recruit, train, and motivate volunteers
- 5+ years experience in team-building and vision casting, leading small groups and volunteer teams
Virginia Beach is a family-friendly community that has many options for entertainment within a 45-minute drive. In addition, Virginia Beach City Public Schools is the fourth largest in Virginia, and among the 50 largest school systems in the United States (based on student enrollment). All of the division’s 80+ schools are fully accredited in the Virginia Standards of Learning. For the younger adult, Virginia Beach offers many options for creating a community with options for artists, musicians, athletes, and more. Residents benefit from a booming economy, an unemployment rate of 3.6%, a health-conscious culture, and the lowest tax rate in the Hampton Roads region.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).