Fremont Presbyterian Church in Sacramento, California is looking for a Communications Director to join their team. The Communications Director will create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies for both church and community audiences, based on the vision and priorities of Fremont and in collaboration with the Communication Team and the staff team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Unifying and aligning communications, partnering with ministries, meeting with ministry leaders, and creating communications plans to mobilize their specific audiences, ensuring that high-quality and highest impact communications are created for both internal and external audiences.
- Establishing a strategy and communication plan that is essential for the growth, health, and development of the church.
- Cultivating, leading, and managing a team of coordinators, assistants, and volunteers to help implement communications strategies and tactics.
- Collecting stories of life-change within the church and developing ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, magazines, and other publications.
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Engaging/Personal Connector
- Talented (writer)
Fremont Presbyterian Church is located in desirable Sacramento, California, one block away from Sacramento State University and near both the mountains and the ocean. The Sierra Nevada Mountains are close by, with spectacular scenery, great hiking, and the stunning Lake Tahoe within a two-hour drive. The California coast and numerous beaches are also within a two-hour drive. The city provides a balance of bigger city life with a smaller city feel, and the cost of living is favorable compared to Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area. Two large rivers converge in the city and Sacramento is known as the “City of Trees” due to the large number of tall mature trees in the city.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).