Pastor of Students and Family Life
Cochranton Community Church in Cochranton, Pennsylvania, is looking for an experienced Pastor of Students and Family Life to join their team. This person will build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to child and youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. Along with this, the Pastor of Students and Family Life will foster spiritual development for the entire family by providing resources and opportunities for parents to learn and excel in their ability to create a Christ-centered environment in the home.
What you’ll be doing:
• Overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the children’s and student ministry (cradle through 12th grade)
• Being an advocate for youth and educating the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the local church and community
• Creating a presence in the community by building relationships with local middle school and high school leadership
• Helping plan, organize, and oversee Sunday morning children’s activities (Orange curriculum), and Sunday evening student activities
• Building relationships with parents for ongoing ministry opportunities
• Assisting with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (pastoral care, leadership, teaching, preaching, etc.)
Skills you’ll need to have:
• Relational and relationship building
• Organizational skills
Cochranton is the true definition of a close-knit community. This is a place where people take care of one another, and folks take pride in their small town. The community pulls together for various events such as Memorial Day services and the annual fair, and the support for our local sports teams is never lacking. Cochranton is as safe a town as you will come across and a wonderful place to raise a family. While out in the country, we are within easy driving distance to larger cities such as Erie and Pittsburgh, PA, which are host to professional sports, art, and culture centers.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).