First Baptist Church of Denton, Texas is in search of a Children’s Pastor. The Children’s Pastor is directly responsible for leading the Children’s Ministry at First Denton by ensuring excellence in Children’s Ministry programming on campus while equipping and encouraging parents to be actively involved in the spiritual growth of their children at home.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry at First Denton, including oversight for multiple paid department staff members and summer interns
- Conduct age-appropriate Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programming are the primary responsibilities
- Share the love of Christ with children in the church and community
- Serve as part of our pastoral team
- Encourage and motivate First Denton’s children in a growing commitment andconnection to the body and expanding contribution to the mission of Christ
- Recruit, Train and Oversee Children’s Ministry Volunteers
What you need to have:
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years experience in Children’s ministry at a large church
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communicator
- Team Player
- People Skills
- Desire to grow the ministry
First Denton is located in Denton, Texas which has an excellent music and arts scene, an amazing town square, and over 50,000 students. Denton has a thriving economy with lots of restaurants, parks, hospitals, shopping, and more. Denton is home to great schools, both established and new housing areas, and is located in convenient proximity to both Dallas and Fort Worth. Many older people are choosing Denton as their retirement destination and we have several planned retirement communities within driving distance of our church.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).