Children’s Ministry Director
BCC in Bettendorf, Iowa is looking for a Children’s Ministry Director to join their team. They have a vision to connect people in the Quad Cities Area (QCA) to a transforming relationship with Jesus and to grow through finding belonging in a healthy, authentic church community that is known for how they serve one another and others to impact every generation beyond their lifetime. The primary focus of the Children’s Ministry Director will be to help families and children, in 5th grade and younger, to know, experience and follow Jesus, and to equip parents to be the primary disciple-makers in their children’s lives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the ministry to all children of BCC from birth to 5th grade
- Establishing the annual teaching content map for all children’s weekend classes
- Directing the 2nd-5th grade weekly large gathering ensuring consistency with the adult large gathering
- Overseeing the management, coordination, assimilation and training of all children’s ministry volunteers
- Establishing and maintaining a leadership development process for child and adult leaders
- Developing initiatives, trips, events and activities that present opportunities to children to grow in their personal relationship with Jesus and in Christ-centered relationships
What you need to have:
- Display a growing faith with a vibrant, consistent dependency on Jesus Christ
- Loves and relates well to children and adults
- Possesses strong organizational and communication skills
- Enjoy teamwork and can lead teams, but also takes personal initiative
We truly have four seasons in the QCA. Our springs bring new life, our summers are hot, our winters are cold and snowy and the fall is just beautiful. People love the Mississippi River and there are a lot of community activities that revolve around the river. The QCA is a very artsy community with some amazing museums and art districts. This is an easy area to fall in love with because the people are so welcoming. From a ministry perspective, the QCA ranks 15th on Barna’s list of “Most Post-Christian Cities in the USA” so there is plenty of work that must be done and this is what drives BCC to be a church for these cities that is bigger than Sunday, bigger than Bettendorf, and invests beyond our lifetime.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).