The LIFEhouse Church in Rocklin, California is looking for an Associate Pastor to join their team. In partnership with the Senior Pastor, this person will provide effective leadership and discipleship for the adults at LIFEhouse and reach out to others in the Placer County community. This person will provide leadership of leaders and volunteers by encouraging, empowering, and equipping them and by personally modeling their mission. The Associate Pastor will effectively communicate vision and God’s Word and oversee congregational care and connection.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing the small group ministry (LIFEgroups) and developing other interdependent adult ministries that focus on growth—increasing depth of discipleship and relationship
- Supervising and shepherding the Student and Kids Ministries’ Directors to achieve their goals aligned with the vision
- Ensuring leaders and volunteers are recruited effectively, trained and empowered sufficiently, cared for properly, motivated consistently, and held accountable adequately.
- Supporting the Senior Pastor in communicating God’s Word as a vital member of the preaching team
- Serving as the go-to person for assimilating guests and members into the mission of LIFEhouse church
Skills you need to have:
- A capable and experienced teacher, comfortable one-on-one, in small interactive groups and in large teaching contexts
- Strong people skills and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Visionary and strategic thinker
- Teachable, fun, and appropriately transparent
Rocklin, CA, is approximately 22 miles from Sacramento. With the American River nearby as well as the Sierra Nevada mountains, the surrounding area is filled with places for outdoor activities – hiking, biking, river rafting, swimming, etc. – with ski resorts a short 70 mile drive away. The Pacific Coast can be reached in 2-3 hours traveling west on Hwy 80. Rocklin and surrounding areas are attracting many ages of people from seniors, looking for a place with a great climate and relaxing way of life, to young families with young children needing a safe and still relatively modest (for California) cost of living.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).