Oakdale Church of Olney, Maryland is seeking an Associate Pastor to join our executive team who is a proven leader with experience and fruitfulness in a disciple-making ministry. This person should be well-grounded theologically, able to preach effectively, cast vision, and recruit and deploy people into ministry. In addition, they will have responsibility for growing and developing our disciple-making culture within the church through preaching, overall leadership within the church, and our small group ministry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as the primary liaison between the Senior Pastor, Executive Team, Worship/Tech Ministries, and the adult congregation
- Serving as the pastor for the adult congregation giving oversight to the teams responsible for spiritual growth and shepherding
- Being the secondary teaching pastor after the Senior Pastor
- Being a significant part of the preaching rotation led by Senior Pastor
- Overseeing and supervising the existing Discipleship staff, including youth, adult small groups and children.
- Supporting and develop leadership to ministry among men
- Providing Pastoral Care to the congregation as a member of the pastoral team.
What you need to have:
- A transforming personal relationship with and a mature commitment to Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and develop staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic/systems thinker; adept in decision making and executing strategy with an eye to organizational vision
- Excellent project management skills
- Energetic, proactive, goal-oriented, patient, kind, encouraging, and positive
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to unexpected circumstances
- Teachable, humble, and knows how and when to show empathy
Olney is a sought-after area in which to live, convenient to Washington, DC, and other major regions. The town has a great community feel and vibe. This safe community has great schools and plenty of shopping. Olney is a bit of a bubble in the greater Montgomery County demographics with average incomes and higher education levels than the rest of the county and state.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).