Associate Pastor – Next Generation
Grace Chapel of Skaneateles, New York is seeking an Associate Pastor of Next Generation to join their team. This position exists to introduce students to Jesus and assist them in experiencing the beauty of what it means to know, enjoy, and serve Him. This person will disciple students (6th through 12th grade) within the church, equip parents, and build bridges with unbelieving students and parents outside our church. The Associate Pastor of Next Generation will work as an equal member of a team of pastors to help cast and shape the church’s vision.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cultivating and developing a student ministry that loves God and passionately serves Him
- Overseeing and leading the student ministry team to carry out the mission of cultivating Christ-centered students (6th through 12th grade)
- Overseeing and leading the GraceKids ministry leaders and the Grace Young Adult leaders
- Managing the administrative duties related to student ministry & young adult ministry
- Providing spiritual care and formation for Student Ministry, GraceKids, and Grace Young Adult Team leads
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Must be a committed Christian with deep spiritual and moral convictions
- Ability to lead, organize, and develop others to grow into their own worship identity of who Jesus is and who He’s created them to be
- Experience leading in student or family ministries and a track record of fostering healthy student environments
- Flexible and open to collaboration as a member of the pastoral team.
People love living in the Skaneateles area due to its year-round community life, majestic four seasons, heavy focus and investment in families and kids, and convenient access to multiple cities (Syracuse, Auburn, Cortland). In and around Skaneateles, there is a low cost of living compared to other expensive cities, with average home sales in Onondaga County of around $165,000. Access to good coffee, diverse foods, and extracurricular activities are all present within a short drive of our location.
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).