A2 Church in Hoover, Alabama, is looking for its next Senior Pastor. This church in the Birmingham area is seeking someone who desires to see people being filled with hope each week through the inspiring story of God and Gospel-centered preaching that elevates faith, inspires hope, and activates love in our community. This person will also lead the lead team and staff through appropriate direction, supervision, evaluation, counsel, care, and accountability.
What you’ll be doing:
• Encouraging and shepherding the spiritual formation of the congregation as a teacher/ communicator
• Nurturing and communicating the vision for the church with staff, leadership, and A2 members
• Providing cultural and visionary leadership for the ministry of the church
• Overseeing and encouraging the multiplication of ministry (teaching, leadership, vision development) by developing and empowering both the staff and ministry leadership of the church
What skills you need to have:
• Expository preaching
• Believes in the equal ministry of men and women
• Servant leader
• Genuine, authentic
• Willingness to partner with the body and the body’s ministry passions
• Minimum of 5 years experience in executive church leadership
Birmingham, also known as the Magic City, is the second largest city in the state of Alabama, following Huntsville. As a city filled with historic sites, monuments, and a well-known food and hospitality culture, Birmingham has also been referred to as “The Dinner Table of the South.” Birmingham proper has a total of 23 communities and is a national leader in urban green spaces with area parks and thousands of wooded acres for biking and hiking within minutes of downtown.
Before You Apply:
Your application at Chemistry Staffing is completely confidential. We will not post any of your information online or send to any church on your behalf before contacting you for an initial interview (if/when we find that you’re a potential healthy long-term fit for one of our open positions).